I took these chocolate chip cookies to a New Year’s party and they were a huge hit! Sneaking in the goodness of hemp’s plant based protein and a few more wholesome ingredients turns an ordinary chocolate chip cookie into an awesome yummy better for you chocolate chip cookie. Each serving provides 7g of complete protein; plus a good source of dietary fiber and iron. You can treat yourself to a bit of indulgence without all the guilt by adding our hemp protein to your other favorite baked goods recipes. Just substitute ½ the flour called for in your recipe with hemp protein powder. It’s mild nutty flavor lends a nice taste and good nutrition.
1 cup all-purpose flour (GF may be used)
¼ cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
1 2/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
MIX TOGETHER UNTIL CREAMY IN LARGE (5 to 6 qt KitchenAid style) Stand up mixer with a paddle
1 cup butter (2-sticks)
¾ cup organic cane sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 lg eggs
After the above ingredients are well blended, add in:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 2/3 cups dark chocolate chip (morsels)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In medium bowl combine and mix together with fork until evenly mixed DRY INGREDIENTS
- In a stand mixer bowl, fitted with a paddle attachment; beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Gradually beat in DRY INGREDEINT blend, about 1/3 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips – stir in by hand if too hard for the mixer
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheets by rounded tablespoon
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Cool on baking sheet for couple minutes
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely (or eat ‘m warm – yum!)
Serve ‘m warm every time!
Who doesn’t love fresh baked warm cookies? Here’s a small batch baking idea. Set aside ½ to 2/3 the batter mix (or desired amount). Roll batter into a 2” log, wrap up and store in the freezer. When ready to bake more…
Cut ½ to ¾ “ thick slices of the desired number of cookies you want from the frozen log.
Place on cookie sheet and let stand while your oven preheats to 375 F. Bake 9 to 11 minutes.